Thursday, April 07, 2016

Me and my phone



I walk in. I’m tired. I sit down and I take my phone out of my pocket as I sit.
I look—no new email.
Well, there’s something from AARP but I’m not going to read that.
Facebook?
Nobody likes my latest cleverness so that’s disappointing.
And none of my friends are doing anything especially interesting, just Trump-Cruz-Hillary-and-Bernie stuff plus that cat falling off a roof I’ve seen a million times. It’s funny but nah, not that.
Ugh.
Then I check Pocket. No. Everything there I wanted to read but didn’t want to read right then I still don’t want to read right now.
And no new email yet.
Disappointing. Hmm. I wanted interesting input.
What’s left?
Oh, how about my Bible app?
I could crank it up and spend a little time with the Creator of heaven and earth.
My Savior Shepherd.
The One who bled and died so I might live.
The One who’s my only hope of getting through today and tomorrow.
Really. I’m serious.
Or maybe I could just write a blog post about how we all should do that instead of messing with our phones.
It’s an important message. I could write that. Instead of actually doing it.
Yeah. That’s what I’ll do. We should all spend more time with the Lover of Our Souls.
That’s what I’ll do. I’ll write about that.
Oops ...

No comments: